Norwood - Horizons Supply Drive
Dear Norwood Families,
Horizons responds to the widening education gap in the DC area by providing a joyful summer full of intensive academics, engaging art projects, and robust aquatic activities. Each summer, Horizons students spend five weeks building their skills in reading and language arts, discovering new passions in STEAM, experiencing stellar swim instruction, broadening their learning through field trip experiences, and expanding their self-confidence and friendships. Our students learn in small classes, with incredible teachers, in fantastic facilities including Norwood's beautiful campus.
Now, more than ever, our project-based curriculum will be critical to ensuring our students feel ready to take on the new school year. This summer, we will welcome 140 students to Norwood's campus and we need your help!
We are asking Norwood families to help with funding our supply needs and ensuring that each student has a complete set of books, STEAM kits, and school and art supplies. Your support at the following levels will help to provide funding for:
- $10 provides 1 book for one student
- $30 funds 1 KiwiCo. Kit to drive our youngest students' project-based STEM lessons
- $50 provides watercolors, modeling clay, sculpting medium, and classroom supplies for 1 student
- $100 funds all curriculum supplies for 1 student
- $150 provides Horizon t-shirts for the entire class
Thank you for ensuring that Horizons students will have everything they need for a successful summer on Norwood’s campus!
The Team at Horizons Greater Washington